<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

A LITTLE ON MY PROFESSIONAL WORK...  

I met a stranger today and she asked me what I did for a living --
I replied: Natural health therapist and healer.

She stared at me blank and then smiled: Soooo, did you just wake up one morning and decide this or what?!?

It did take me a minute to try to see where she was coming from, but then again...I completely understood. It was on the 'strange path' of things... Not exactly what most people expect to hear or grow up to be... I welcomed her honesty. Most people just ask again and then say 'ok', clearly unsure wheteher they should ask what it is exactly.

From experience, most people in my field started it up in times of hardship and health problems. And then there are some who just said they always knew it was what they had to do... And I admire them both. There always seems to be a touching story associated to how many healers start their work.

I was both, I discovered about my health condition when in 2001... In a state of denial for a while but I knew that things just had to move my way from now on... I wasn't getting anywhere, my life felt unfulfilling and I always did have a passion for health and natural lifestyle. All the ancient knowledge and wisdoms came naturally to my thoughts and mind. Along with many other things, I took a promise to start the journey.

And it wasn't easy --it was a learning process, plus a few other personal issues came about but I am now enjoying a new journey on my professional work.

All the things IT IS:

All the things IT IS NOT:

To anyone who is reading this with little or no experience of what it is...Then please be aware that there are so many different types of natural health therapies...It is not just one thing.

If you are looking for a natural therapist, contact the association that deals with the type of therapy you choose and get a list of member therapists in your area -so you know they are qualified and insured.

And always do your own homework on the subject, ask questions before starting anything and please don't continue if you don't feel comfortable with your therapist. The client-healer bond should be good and comfortable otherwise it is more or less a waste of time/money.

More Info:

http://groups.msn.com/HOLISTICLOCING/holisticdirectories.msnw


Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]



moon phases
 

MOON DANCE

RETURN TO JOURNEY

LOC BLOG

GUESTBOOK!

NUBIAN GODDESS

Counter
business cards The WeatherPixie
Video code provided by MusicVideoCodes.com
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >

« self improvement »

«#Euro Blogs?»



< < blackblogz > >

Blogarama

Listed on Blogwise

< # % nappyblogz % # >