<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 28, 2004

SYNESTHESIA...A BIT ABOUT IT... 

I'm always out to see and explore -- and this was one topic that made me really fascinated...

Synesthesia.

http://www.mixsig.net/

http://www.apa.org/monitor/mar01/synesthesia.html
http://web.mit.edu/synesthesia/www/synesthesia.html

Why is this so interesting to me?
It just sounds familiar --not to my health condition, but to those who I've met...

Through the healers I worked with, and the way a few people used to describe it as they lived their lives...

What is it?
Does your favorite book smell like textured circles? Do you think you are the same age as the cerulean blue, steadfast, brotherly, male number 4? Do you dislike the personality of your bedroom’s doorframe? Do you see white when you stub your toe? Does the odor of road tar taste salty? Does Sting's voice look like golden spheres?

If so, you are almost certainly a
synesthete. Synesthesia literally refers to the fact that in some animals, a stimulus in one sense modality involuntarily elicits a sensation/experience in another sense modality. An example of this would be the taste of lemon visually evoking the color blue. The elicited synesthetic experience does not replace the normal experience but instead always adds to it. Synesthetic elicitations are durable, consistent, and discrete, as noted by Dr. Cytowic.

Other examples of synesthetic experiences people can have, just to name a few, are being able to see sounds — as well as hear them; seeing or "knowing" the colors, sexes, and personalities of letters, numbers, and other symbols; feeling weight and shape on their bodies by just tasting something; and smelling colors.

_____________

As part of my training, my Teacher would explain all the things he would see in touch, all the senses that should be opened wide to get the full equation of the situation, the person and what they are...

To a certain degree, I feel that many of my 'visions' are a slight version of this --But isn't it the same for everyone? I work with energy, my senses become more intune as I start to focus on the auras of people, and then I really see it. This is something that many of us can train to do with time, just by being aware --says my Teacher. And I believe this.

We just need to open that side of us to another level of 'seeing' life or sensing it.

In a latest survey, 1 in 100 people tested randomly by a British crowd, showed wide signs of it.

I see it is a gift, people who are able to see life through other dimensions -- people who can sense the deeper side of life and make a picture of it, or use the senses to merge into a poem...

Its said that there are signs that shakespear was one. They looked through his work, picking out signs of senses being fused. Most creative people are said to have some level of this too.

I can't help but think that maybe ALL of us really have this within...? Or do we?


_____________

TAKE THE TEST FROM HORIZON BBC:
Are your senses overlapping?
Is Monday red? Do musical melodies have colours? Take part in our experiments and see if your senses overlap.
Do you see what I see? ·
Do you hear what I hear?

Comments:
Interesting...I am not familiar with this area but it sounds very interesting.
 
Post a Comment

[Top]



moon phases
 

MOON DANCE

RETURN TO JOURNEY

LOC BLOG

GUESTBOOK!

NUBIAN GODDESS

Counter
business cards The WeatherPixie
Video code provided by MusicVideoCodes.com
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >

« self improvement »

«#Euro Blogs?»



< < blackblogz > >

Blogarama

Listed on Blogwise

< # % nappyblogz % # >