<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 25, 2004

I'M DUE TO GET ANOTHER ONE DONE... 

I have 9 piercings in total... each with its own meaning, and stage in my life...

And I couldn't do without them.

Now, I think its time to get another one done. But my head looks kinda loaded with them lol...
And I'm not too keen on getting my scared zones holed so...
I'll just have to think of another place.

This person had the nerve to say how nasty it was to see people wearing jewellery all over our bodies--that it was such a Eurocentric thing to tattoo and pierce the body... and my eye brows raised.

Long before today's fashions, people of all cultures and non-European backgrounds adorned their bodies with jewels and symbols to be used in ritual and healing processes, a sacred way of bringing mind-body-spirit into flesh form... Everything in the body was sacred, we were sacred beings living a spiritual lifestyle... And it all had meanings.

And all this person could think about was today, right now, the ways things are apparently working in life...

Why do we forget to open our minds to the bigger picture of things?
There's a HERstory in everything you know.

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]



moon phases
 

MOON DANCE

RETURN TO JOURNEY

LOC BLOG

GUESTBOOK!

NUBIAN GODDESS

Counter
business cards The WeatherPixie
Video code provided by MusicVideoCodes.com
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >

« self improvement »

«#Euro Blogs?»



< < blackblogz > >

Blogarama

Listed on Blogwise

< # % nappyblogz % # >